European Union Drawing Competition
For 8 - 10 year old children
On the occasion of Women's International Day (March 8, 2007) and the 50th Anniversary of the Treaty of Rome establishing the European Community ( March 25, 2007) the European Union invites children to participate in a drawing competition on the theme of "equality of women and men."
Rules of the
* This competition is open to all the children of the 8-10 years age group, residing and attending school in Sri Lanka. The competition is also open to children from other Asian, African, Latin American and Mediterranean countries.
* The participants are invited to create a drawing, expressing their vision of women/men equality with a caption in Sinhala, Tamil or English. The caption should not exceed five lines. It has to be on the same side as the drawing.
* The drawing has to be produced on a size sheet maximum format A4, and on only one side of the sheet.
* The first name, the last name and the age of the child, should be written on the back of the drawing, together with his class and the address of the school.
* The deadline for receipt of the drawing is strictly May 1, 2007. Entries should be submitted to the Press & Information Officer of the Delegation of the European Commission, (the address is given below).
* The participants should understand that the copyright of the pictures will be retained by the European Commission.
* The European Union will keep all drawings submitted. The participants will not have right of return.
* The European Union cannot be held responsible for force majeure, should the competition have to be modified or cancelled.
* Submission of an entry presupposes the acceptance of all competition conditions by the participants. No appeal on the method of the organisation or on the results of the competition will be accepted. The jury's decisions will be final.
A winner each from Asia, Africa, Latin America and Mediterranean will be chosen by a panel of jurors. The prize will be a 1000 euros for each of the winners and will be used for:
* School stationery, and possibly school uniforms of each of the four laureates, for the following school year.
* A subscription to an educational magazine for the school of each of the four laureates. This magazine would be of a high interest to the contributing age group.
* The drawings of the four winners and six runners-up will be included in a drawing/postcard book which will be distributed in the schools of the countries of the four regions/continents concerned.
Drawings should be mailed to the address given below, before May 1, 2007: