- Alethea boasts 82 years of guiding generations of students into the competitive arena of the new millennia.
- Alethea offers two separate avenues of education. Alethea International School offers examinations in all subject streams for O/levels and A/levels.
- It further offers Cambridge certification for young learners in English, maths and science.
- Alethea School offers examinations in the English medium for local examination and is a government recognised school eligible for all the facilities of a private school. The children receive free books, examination papers and sit the government exams in O'levels and A'levels as school candidates and not as private candidates.
- Aletheans have excelled in fields of medicine, science, business, maths, law, IT, creative design and the arts.
- Alethea upholds religious beliefs and each religion is respected, taught and religious practices adhered to as an integral part of the school calendar.
- Alethea actively encourages participation of sport, social awareness projects and co-curricular activities carrying a percentage of marks into each student's final report. This is in keeping with international universities requirements of students versed in all these avenues.
- Alethea believes in encouraging individual skills amongst groups to further enhance the multi cultural ethnicity of not just Sri Lanka but the world at large.
- Alethea prides itself on bringing out the best in each individual student. This sometimes involves after school classes where teachers work one on one with students to enable them to be on par with the rest of their class. The teachers of Alethea believe this extra effort results in building a further rapport between them and the student.
- Alethea offers after school classes for Aletheans in the extra-curricular activities of Art, Speech & Drama, Effective Communication, Music, Dance and Practical and Training Skills.
- Alethea believes in small classes with an average of approximately 25 students to a class.
- Teachers attend workshops under CIE, EDEXEL and NIE, Sri Lanka programmes and thus are up to date in both teaching methods and syllabuses.
These then are some of the reasons why Alethea strongly believes that the way forward lies in the core of each individual student and works towards identifying and developing that same core of leadership.
Our credentials during 2009 Academics
95% of students in O'Levels, A'S Level and A' Levels are those who had their education throughout from Primary at Alethea.
- At London O' Levels Aletheans achieved a 100% pass rate in the 12 key subjects offered. This included an 80% pass rate being A's or B's.
- At London A'S Levels Aletheans achieved a 100% pass rate in 5 key subjects and an over 90% pass rate in other subjects.
- At London A' levels Alethea is proud to announce that a 100% pass rate was achieved in all subjects. This includes Core Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Business Studies, Economics, Accounts and English Literature.
- Our headmaster Dr. T.G.A Sisira received the award for the most Inspirational Teacher at the CIE awards ceremony.
- Awarded 1st Runners Up at the Drama Competition organized by Cambridge International Examinations board and judged by Trinity/Guildhall London, including the award for Best Actor.
- Students achieved 1st place at the Light of the World Oratory Competition in the Junior Category and also finalists in the Senior category.
- Students have won 1st place in the Write about America Essay Competition and all four entrants at the Commonwealth essay competition were adjudged Highly Commended.
- Students have been awarded The President's award in Scouting.
- The 3rd Inter International Schools Badminton Tournament was organized by Alethea International School and Alethea emerged champions in three categories of the four.
- Zonal Colours for Badminton were awarded to 8 Aletheans in November 2009.
- The Karate Ka's participated in the 6th annual Sei KO Kai Cup Karate championships and achieved 10 Gold medals, 7 Silver medals and 16 Bronze medals.
- Aletheans participated and won places in the all Island Karate Championship Tournament (Western Province) conducted by School Karate Association of Sri Lanka.
- Alethea participated in the International Schools' Basket Ball Tournament where seven Aletheans were awarded Zonal Colours by the Department of Education Piliyandala Division.
- The International Schools Athletic Championship held at Sugathadasa Stadium saw over a hundred Alethean athletes participating and athletes as young as in the under 9 age group won Gold.
- At the Colombo South Zonal Badminton tournament Aletheans were selected to play for the Junior National Badminton Championships and represent Sri Lanka in the Asian Junior Championships.