Trinco beckons next weekend as the 1st Annual East Coast Trolling Competition for the Chaaya Blu/ Ceylon Sea Anglers Club Trophy is held at Chaaya Blu, Trincomalee, on July 31.
Established in 1934, the Ceylon Sea Anglers’ Club is the oldest resident angling club in the country and has a long and distinguished heritage. In April 2009, the Sri Lanka Air Force acquired the Club’s buildings and premises at China Bay after 63 years of continuous occupation by the Club. It was the John Keells Hotels Group that came to the rescue of the Club offering a base for its 300 members at Chaaya Blu, one of its premier ocean front resorts located on the beach at Uppuveli in Trincomalee.
This inaugural angling competition to be hosted by Chaaya Blu will be held on an annual basis and conducted by the Ceylon Sea Anglers’ Club. Sponsored by Chaaya Blu, there are exciting prizes for the winners.
- 1st Prize- Weekend for 2, on Full Board basis for 2 nights at Cinnamon Lodge (Suite)
- 2nd Prize - Weekend for 2, on Full Board basis for 2 nights at Chaaya Blu (Beach Chalets)
- 3rd Prize- Weekend for 2, on Full Board basis for 2 nights at Chaaya Citadel
- 4th Prize- Weekend for 2, on Full Board basis for 2 nights at Chaaya Village
- 5th Prize- Weekend for 2, on Full Board basis for 2 nights at Bentota Beach Hotel
The organizers hope it will not only serve to promote the sport of Angling but also attract sportsmen and sportswomen from around the world to enjoy our resplendent island and the rich seas that surround it.
The event is co-sponsored by Arinma Holdings (Pvt) Ltd.
For inquiries and registration, contact Romeish Dias on 0777 368080, Graeme Overlunde on 0777697788 or Yohananden Haridas on 0777 762276 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.