Gateway Graduate School has commenced the exciting new teaching course designed to offer a recognized qualification to all teachers and improve the standards of teaching throughout Sri Lanka. The first intake began training in June and the next intake is due to commence in September. David Davies, Edexcel's Head of Stakeholder Relations, mentions that the new course will not only benefit persons who are already teaching but also, anyone who wishes to make teaching their career. The course will be taught by well-qualified and experienced educators, led by Michael Dobson, Head of the Graduate School.
The Diploma will consist of eleven modules:
- Introduction to Teaching and Learning
- Soft Skills for Teachers
- Support and advise learners
- Develop assessment practice
- Manage review and evaluation
- Design learning programmes
- Develop creative approaches to learning
- Develop resources to support learning
- Use ICT to support learning
- Promote independent learning
- Teaching in Practice
The course will be delivered at Gateway Graduate School in Rajagiriya, mainly on Saturdays from 9.00 am to 4.30 pm, although there may be some days extra during the holidays. Details of the Gateway Graduate School can be obtained from the Registrar by writing to email@example.com or by calling 0772256356, 2888858 or 2877277.