A proposal to introduce paid ward facilities in government hospitals where foreigners too could obtain its services has been approved by the Cabinet.
The budget for the year 2023 had already proposed to expand the facilities of paid wards in public hospitals across the island.
Minister Bandula Gunawardena addressing the weekly cabinet news conference said the National Insurance Trust Fund has provided health insurance cover known as Agrahara to government employees and pensioners, and a significant number of citizens have been covered through other health insurance schemes and therefore they were proposing the facility.
He said some citizens are willing to pay for private facilities within the government health care system and obtain those facilities.
Accordingly, the Cabinet approved the proposal presented by the Minister of Health, Keheliya Rambukwella, to provide facilities for paying wards in government hospitals for Sri Lankan citizens as well as foreigners.
You can share this post!
Content
The Colombo–Kandy main road at Pahala Kadugannawa has been closed indefinitely after a deadly rockfall in the area that left six people dead and four others injured.
Read this week’s Sunday Times for your interesting articles
The Cyclonic Storm “Ditwah” moved further north from Trincomalee today evening leaving a trail of destruction including more than 90 deaths, over 100 missing and tens of thousands displaced, officials said.


Leave Comments