State Minister of Finance Shehan Semasinghe has announced multiple investigations into the alleged misplacement of Rs. 5 million within the Central Bank of Sri Lanka (CBSL) is still underway.
He was responding to a question raised by MP Niroshan Perera in the house today (28) over the incident which was first reported in April this year.
In April the Colombo Additional Magistrate Harshana Kekunawala was informed about the loss of the cash by the Fort Police on the complaint filed by the Superintendent of the Forensic Finance Department of the Central Bank, S.R. Dayananda.
The Fort Police had informed the court that the complaint had been received on April 11 after which an investigation had been launched and statements had been recorded from six persons from one department.
State Minister Semasinghe responding said that the CBSL has initiated an internal investigation, along with the Sri Lanka Police and the Criminal Investigation Department (CID). He said CCTV camera footage was being used for the investigation.
After conducting the necessary investigations, he assured that a comprehensive report on the matter, along with the individuals responsible, will be released.
State Minister Semasinghe revealed that discussions regarding the investigation’s expedition have already been held between the Central Bank Governor and the Inspector General of Police.
You can share this post!
Content
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs said today that unilateral action by the UK and other countries in imposing sanctions on certain individuals do not assist but serve to complicate the national reconciliation process underway in Sri Lanka.
Leave Comments