Part 3 of StageLight&Magic Inc.'s popular Noir Theatre Fest will be staged from July 15 to 31.
After the success of the first two editions of Noir theatre, this year audiences can look forward to 11 plays from different authors. Titled "Shades of Darkness", this year's Noir promises to be theatre of different moods, different flavours and many different emotions.
A key feature of this year's Noir Theatre Fest is that the plays are directed by seven different directors.
Speaking to the Sunday Times, Feroze Kamardeen said, "This year's Noir is not just about showcasing great plays but also about showcasing the skills of some of the most talented young directors in English theatre and also about bring some new faces to the limelight." Swasha Perera, Brandon Ingram, Tracy Jayasinghe, Ruvin de Silva, Wassam Ismail and Chamat Arambewela all take up the directing mantle this year. The plays themselves range from the funny to the absurd to the tragic and twisted.
Tickets for Noir are available on ticketslk.com and at the theatre. Noir is being staged at the Punchi theatre in Borella and starts on July 15 and continues till July 31.
The Noir Theatre Fest is sponsored by Dialog Axiata, South Asian Technologies, Canon and Whatsup Colombo.
The Sunday Times & Daily Mirror are the print media sponsors and the electronic media is YES FM.
July 15, 16 & 17
- Outsourced directed by Swasha Perera
- Chocolate directed by Chamat Arambewela
- The Amazing Krispinsky directed by Chamat Arambewela
- Friends of the Deceased directed by Wassam Ismail
July 22, 23 & 24
- The Tarantino Variation directed by Feroze Kamardeen
- Asylum Seeker directed by Feroze Kamardeen
- Nine directed by Ruvin de Silva
July 29, 30 & 31
- Starving Children directed by Ruvin de Silva
- Duty to Protect directed by Tracy Jayasinghe
- Insurance directed by Feroze Kamardeen
- The Commencing directed by Brandon Ingram